Some of the updates in TCO Certified, generation 8
1. Circularity – driving a more circular approach to IT products. This means moving away from the linear take, make, dispose model, to one where products are used longer, and can also be re-used or re-manufactured. Keeping materials in high value use for as long as possible means we can lower our reliance on virgin materials and reduce toxic e-waste.
To support greater circularity we’re adding our first criteria for battery life and product durability to our existing criteria for material recovery / preparation for recycling.
2. Supply chain responsibility and transparency – focusing on closing non-conformities in high-risk factories and verifying supply chain improvements.
New criteria include: 1. Responsible minerals extraction – beyond 3TG to include cobalt, among others. 2. Anti-corruption management system and 3. Process chemicals – criteria for protecting factory workers from exposure to hazardous chemicals in manufacturing, and identifying safer alternatives.
Dedicated page with everything you need to know about TCO Certified, generation 8.
- Overview chart of new and revised criteria
- Information on how to apply or upgrade
- Criteria and certification documents
- Technical reference chart